View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #1368
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Nope, that's it, your cover's blown. "Doctor's appointment" = overnight stint in jail. I'm very disappointed in you, sir.

I have been messing with my own graphs and charts recently... My online book sales information will break it down by geography, but only in chunks like "the last 4 weeks," because anything more specific somehow breaks privacy laws. Except of course if you take last week's 4-week data, and compare it to this week's 4-week data, you can figure out the overlap and thus figure out what was actually purchased this week, and where. It gets a little more complicated because say the weeks went 5-3-7-8-4 sold in Austin, that means the fifth week's data will show a total of 22 vs. the fourth week's data of 23, a net loss of 1 even though in reality 4 were added, so you have to compare carefully. I've been taking screenshots each week and figuring the rough numbers in my head, really only taking into consideration specific areas--like I did an NPR interview in Tulsa, did that provide a noticeable boost in sales in Tulsa the week I did it, or not? But I've been thinking about creating an Excel spreadsheet that would have the equations already entered and just give me net numbers for every area, because I'm a fruit loop and can't walk away from data.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote