View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #56
SamIam

Still not ready for the pool. But I have been making progress on my aerobics training. The first day I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and wished for death for two days afterwards. But now I am up to 50 minutes at 3.6 mph for 3 miles per session and I have been gradually raising my pace every two or three sessions. I don't think I could do it without my music. I have discovered that a lot of 80's tunes help me set a good pace and keep going through the agony. "Sweet Dreams are Made of These", "Eye of the Tiger", "She Drives me Crazy", and just about every song Pat Benatar ever did. Also more contemporary stuff like Cross Canadian Ragweed - "Anywhere but Here" and the Green Cards - "Make it out West." If anyone has suggestions for good workout music, please post what keeps you going. I'm always on the lookout for more music.

People probably think I'm nuts. I lip sync my tunes and toss my hair around and generally come as close to dancing as you can on a treadmill. But if I pretend I'm out on the dance floor, it makes the process a lot more fun.

Oh, and today I got up the courage to approach a sexy silver fox! I was watching him work out on the weight machine and he was lifting the entire set of weights with seeming ease. He had a great bod, needless to say, and he was about my age. Instant lust on my part. So, after we had both finished our workouts, I went up to him and asked him if he could give me any advise on which of the machines would be best for me to start working on improving my upper body strength. I had obviously picked one of his fav subjects and he showed me four or five machines and explained how to use them and which sets of muscles could be improved by each. Very nice man with no wedding ring, although that doesn't mean much these days.

I am excited to get out on the road again and be in the condition to take longish hikes in Island in the Sky National Park - my next expedition into the wilds. The off roading there can get get interesting, so I want to be able to dig the Toyota out should I need to or lever rocks off the trail, etc. I like to be as self sufficient as possible, and I feel encouraged that I have kept my conditioning program up and I can definitely see an improvement.

Yay for all us Cellar ladies !
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote