View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:54 AM   #12215
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Exactly. Even if the buyers are bunners too (man, I hope not), there will be no nasty history between me and them, so it's all good.

Congratulations (if that's the right word) on the imminent departure of your neighbours!

We had experience of an unpleasant and anti-social bunch next door some years ago.

A couple and their teenage son and daughter moved in after the elderly widow owner died.

The contrast between occupiers couldn't have been greater.

The 'gentleman' of the household was ill-tempered, aggressive and generally disagreeable and was very rough with their dog.

The son, who'd be about seventeen, was always disappearing into the garden shed with several of his disreputable looking mates each equipped with a bulging holdall.

They'd all emerge, similarly encumbered, a while later. Heaven knows what was going on but I doubt that they were holding meetings of the Louis Vuitton Appreciation Society.

They hadn't been in the house for many months before the 'For Sale' sign appeared.

I remember returning home with my dog after a walk and seeing a police van moving slowly along the road and I instantly knew where it was heading.

Not surprisingly the police took away the son but, in a scene straight from a French farce, no sooner had they left than the estate agent appeared with prospective purchasers for a viewing.

I don't know what the boy was arrested for on that occasion but some time after they moved he appeared in court having carried out a serious assault on someone at a booze fuelled family shindig in a local hotel.

If memory serves correctly, he ended up as a guest at one of Her Majesty's 'hotels'.

Appalling bunch.