View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #8007
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

On other, less edifying topics ... huge fight today; narcissism reigns supreme in this household. Stb-x is livid that anyone knows of our impending divorce - the entire hospital is alive with the rumor now, G-d knows how, but small towns will be like that - yet tells me he suffers every day and night with shame over what he did all those years. The suffering is not, apparently, enough to convince him that I deserve not to be eating vegetable peels for two years while I get the necessary training to allow me to earn a living; nor is it enough to persuade him that I shouldn't use up the pittance he offers me as 'half' the value of our property in order to eat (occasionally) somewhat more than vegetable peelings. Of course, mortgaging our property is unthinkable for HIM ... he would rather sell it for a pittance and live elsewhere, telling the story of the heinous bitch who ruined his life to whomever could bear it.

And, after hours of screaming vituperative bile in my face, he knocks on my door and tells me not to go to sleep angry.

?????