View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #16
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Name:  57-IMG_9622.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  64.8 KB
The oven as I mentioned was used when I bought it. It came with an appliance connector, the name for the corrugated pipe you see here. Actually, in this first picture, you see the adapter from pipe threads on top of silver male/male connector to flare connector on the bottom. The flare connectors are designed to be used only once. The circular wedge at the bottom of the male connector mates with a female cone shaped receiver that is just a little too small to fit. When the connector is tightened, it smashes everything together into a gas tight fit. But that fit is only guaranteed (designed) for the first installation. Kind of like the crushable washers on your sparkplugs for those of you who have ever changed your own sparkplugs. I digress.

Name:  58-IMG_9623.JPG
Views: 2378
Size:  59.7 KB
Here's the new gas connector. I pre bent the line (it's pretty firm) so that when the oven was in place, the yellow line would smoothly fit under the oven.

Name:  59-IMG_9624.JPG
Views: 2433
Size:  79.4 KB
See the curve it takes when both sides are connected?

For the record, I soap tested all four of these connections as well, once I got them tight and turned on the gas.