View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 01:19 PM   #5
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
The entire community of protestors overseas are generally misinformed by propaganda by their "religious leaders". No joke.
The lack of forethought in this statement astounds me. Hasn't it ever occurred to you that this statement also applies to Americans? (nix'ing the religious part, of course)

Quote:

This whole "can't fight violence with violence" thing reminded me of something I read.

If someone is talking to you about how we shouldn't be bombing Afghanistan, ask them "Why?" - when they start reasoning that you can't fight violence with
iolence (for whatever reason they give), punch them in the face. If they move to hit you back, say "Ah ah ah, can't fight violence with violence." If they hit you, they lose. If they don't, let them keep speaking. Then punch them in the face again. Repeat as necessary.

Remember, you're doing them a favor.
While I agree that violence should be retaliated against, this analogy fails, because the here victim immediately knows the source of the violence. A more adequate analogy would be if I punched you in the face and then you bombed McDonald's because I ate there yesterday.

And then an order is sent out to all newspapers telling them not to air any of my "terrorist propaganda" about why I did it -- The only possible motivation that I could have possibly had is that of a crazed and obsessive terrorist.

Patriotism is evil, because it causes people not to think -- they just blindly support. Like sheep.

(no hard feelings tho... I had fun writing this. Anyway, I guess we agree on the violence thing at least. )

--- juju
juju is offline   Reply With Quote