Thread: Voting by Mail
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:48 AM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

When I brought the mail in tonight, along with the politicians wasting their money, AARP selling insurance, and the usual crap, there were two letters.
One was from the UAW with a list of addresses of all the election boards in PA, instructions for voting by mail, an application form for requesting a mail-in ballot, and an envelope addressed to my local election board with my name and address filled in for the return address.

The second letter was from The Center for Voter Information in Harrisburg, PA.
Under “about us” on their website...
Quote:
“Politics is often cluttered with loose accusations, half-truths and unfounded assertions.
Center for Voter Information is a non-profit, non-partisan partner organization to Voter Participation Center, both founded to provide resources and tools to help voting-eligible citizens register and vote in upcoming elections.”
The letter, addressed to Current Resident, starts out...
According to our review of publicly available records someone at this address may not be registered to vote.
It goes on with instructions how to register, gives me the form, the web address of the PA election board where I can check to see if I’m registered, and an envelope addressed to my local election board with the return address filled in and Postage Paid.

You see they don’t know who lives here, the government doesn’t know who lives here, and the USPS doesn’t know who lives here. They know I live here, but not how many are just getting mail here so they can’t be found, and not how many are chained in the cellar waiting for my Fava beans from Amazon.