Thread: Commercials
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #113
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Umm...seriously. I thought they were interesting.

I find it interesting that companies now think a feminist message is something that will sell.

They both play with ideas I find interesting - and concerning. Growing up as a girl, being told things done 'like a girl' are just a bit rubbish is something that has always bothered me (you throw like a girl, don't be such a girl etc). I believe that has an effect.

The stuff about likeability is also something I find interesting - though, those findings are a little less solid - many male bosses loose out on likeability too after all. But likeability studies have shown that if you present a mixed group of men and women with a dossier of a successful boss and give it a male name they will come up with very different words to describe that 'man' and a different conclusion as to whether they would want to be in 'his' company to the words they use and conclusion they draw when the dossier is given a female name. Identical dossier, of a real life person, with the only elements changed being the gender.

This stuff interests me. And the fact that companies are using it suggests something intriguing about their expectations.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-06-2014 at 04:05 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote