Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #14
Righter
Neophyte-in-training

I'm just wholeheartedly curious as to when, how, or what exactly gives anyone else, besides the person that lives that life, the right to speak out to them, or at them. Freedom flows through my veins, so should it not be my right to take my life if I deem it unnecessary to mine own happiness? Such a plethora of dreadful prescribtions we all have for those that have to walk, to breath, to live, every single of their days, with themselves, by themselves, surrounded or otherwise. What gives us (you and i) that priviledge? Because we (yes you and i) claim the right to tell others exactly when we deem them a tad bit self destructive? Arent we all self destructive in some form or other? At some time or other? Mostly by accident, mostly by happenstance. Regardless of that I make no terrible claim to say I can understand anyone at all, barely myself on most rather lucid days. So then, how could I, even if its supposedly for the welfare of those that are not healthy, in mind, perhaps even in body? I decide my fate, and would hold it high in my heart, if i perhaps am given a choice in my own ending. Suicide? Hrmm, ask a buddhist.
Righter is offline   Reply With Quote