View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I think the concept (meme even) of 'identifying' as this or that is at the root of this kind of thing. It's being used more and more, it's become part of the lexicon. Used by people that want to be accepted by this group or that. Looking for some acceptance and connection to anchor them. Some future change that will save them. But then, once they go through it, the feeling of disconnectedness comes back. Maybe if they change back.... and round and round.

If you consider the word... Identify. you're trying to exert influence on your Id. You can't do that and be honest with yourself. Your ego is declaring it's dominance over your being. The thoughts should serve the being instead. When there is a conflict between the two, it would be better to recognize the conflict and try to resolve it instead of smashing away at the square peg. If you smash hard enough, you will eventually get it into the round hole, but there will be damage, and as expected, the problem is not resolved. They still feel disconnected.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote