View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #131
Mountain Mule
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I'm curious, how will President Trump characterize this news about his AG Sessions.

Fake news, or serious leak?
Response from the Republicans:

Cruz Calls Sessions' Meeting With Russian Ambassador A 'Nothing Burger'
Source: Talking Points Memo

By ALLEGRA KIRKLAND Published MARCH 2, 2017, 9:33 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Wednesday called Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ two meetings with the Russian ambassador during the 2016 campaign a “nothing burger,” breaking with several senior Republican leaders.

“What we are seeing is a lot of political theater,” Cruz said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” Cruz Calls Sessions' Meeting With Russian Ambassador A 'Nothing Burger'

Response from the Democrats:

McCaskill Calls For Attorney General Jeff Sessions To Resign

Source: Talking Points Memo

By MATT SHUHAM Published MARCH 2, 2017, 10:14 AM EDT

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) joined several other Democrats in calling for Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation Thursday, after the Washington Post reported that Sessions met twice with the Russian ambassador to the United States during the presidential campaign.

Sessions told the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation process in January that he had not met with any Russian during the campaign, though his spokesperson told TPM Thursday that Sessions “met with the ambassador in an official capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, which is entirely consistent with his testimony.”

McCaskill called for Sessions to resign Thursday, saying in a statement published by NBC's Frank Thorp “it’s clear Attorney General Sessions misled the Senate–the question is, why? I’ve been on the Senate Armed Services Committee for 10 years, and in that time, have had no call from or meeting with, the Russian ambassador. Ever. That’s because ambassadors call members of the Foreign Relations Committee. Attorney General Sessions should resign.”

I loved that well reasoned, thought provoking reply from Cruz on the Right. More proof that a steady diet of Fox is bad for the brain.