View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #157
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post

But yet you could not respond to me with that. Ok. Cool. You are weak.
No. Quite simply because I wasn't discussing covert operations in general. I was attempting to explain to you why your allegation of hypocrisy on the part of the Left was misplaced, by pointing out the difference between how the American public is treated by each of the Administrations in question.

You're the one who picked apart my post and gave a series of point-by-point "you don't need to know [this particular thing]" retorts.

Not. The. Point. Dude.

What I'm trying to get through your pointy little head is that if:

Person A REPEATEDLY LIES TO YOU WITH KNOWN FALSEHOODS, ENGAGES IN COVER-UPS, SECRETLY COMMITS CRIMINAL ACTS AGAINST PRISONERS, AND VARIOUS OTHER DECEPTIONS, but

Person B CONSISTENTLY KEEPS THE PUBLIC INFORMED, HAS NO HISTORY OF FALSIFYING FACTS TO TAKE US TO WAR, AND HAS NOT COMMITTED ANY CRIMINAL ACTS AGAINST PRISONERS

Person B is more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt about the use of covert arms of our military.

But instead of responding to the actual point, you told me to fuck off, called me a bitch and a G-d damn fool, and laughingly referred to my life as crap, simply because you're completely incapable of grasping nuance or articulating a rebuttal argument of any merit.

I don't trust that you'll understand this reasoning, but for the casual reader, there it is.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote