Thread: Cellar IRL
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Carruthers came over today.
Charmed the 'rents. Of course.
Very much younger than them, but having lived his life in the region, remembers a lot of the shops and places that Mum remembers.

He came for about two hours and I was surprised when he left; just because it seemed like he'd only been there ten minutes.
Sweet FSM he has a cracking knock on his forehead from a loft-beam accident recently.
We'd joked about it because of my extensional facial bruising, but compared to anyone else it really is a corker.

Mum was completely charmed and although she'd invited him round "any time" originally for saving my life, she now really means it would be great to sit and chat.
Carruthers has the kind of natural conversation which means he can find an interest for anyone he is speaking to, but I genuinely think they interested eachother on some subjects. Or he faked it well enough to fool all of us anyway!

Just don't let her yap on if you meet her again Carr. Or talk about me. AT ALL.
You're safe BTW, as well as being well out of your age range, she loves Dads as much as she moans about him Oh and really, if you're ever at a loose end do drop round - just call first, She'd never avoid you, but she has the Church, the Community, the monsters and a host of old biddies to yap at.

I had such a lovely afternoon.
So weird and yet so right to see Carr in the 'rents' flat.
Even Dads dredged up some memories. When he left, Dad said, "Your friend Edward took me right back. Things I didn't even think I remembered."
Well, it is a compliment really. His eldest brother was Ted.

Sorry about the football thing They follow it compulsively.
FTR they had the results coming through in the background; my parents aren't rude enough to watch a game with guests in the flat. Unless England got through to the World Cup Final. (Ahahahahahahahahaha)