Thread: The Obamanation
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #51
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
No doubt. In the end I expect both of the Demoncrats, Pelosi and Reid, to want to "Jessie Jackson" him and want to cut his balls off over his ability to get things done. I am cautiously optimistic for him, not so much for Pelosi and Reid.
I have no idea what wanting to "Jessie Jackson" him means and I really dont want to know.

I dont think the minor differences between Obama and the Congressional Democrats are all that dramatic. It comes with being the "big tent" party and having to be responsive to a diversity of views and constituents...from the blue dogs to the leftists. Its the process of feeling each other out and setting boundaries. Pelosi and Reid know who is in charge.

The so-called "power struggle" is more a creation of the right to take attention away from their own struggles in attempting to placate their base and appeal to the broader national constituency that they have lost in recent years and who want change in both tone and policy.

I was amused by a Repubican Congressman from Texas who suggested the Republicans need to understand and consider "insurgency" as a response strategy to Pelosi...and using the Taliban as a model before an aid shut him up..

Sessions: GOP Insugency "May Be Required"

That will play well with the swing voters!

Last edited by Redux; 02-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.