View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #5804
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I had never heard of crating dogs, or cats, until living in the US. yet they all seemed to get house trained just fine.
It strikes me as bizarre and cruel, it's a cultural thing, the people I know with dogs they seem to be OK.
Dogs don't miind crating. They like to have a place of their own; if it's enclosed like a cave, they like it better.

Funny story and too-much-information time. I crate-trained Pearl, and she still has her crate but the only time it's useful is when J and I are, you know, doin' it

You don't want your dog interrupting

NSFW BELOW! NSFW BELOW! I AM NOT KIDDING! NSFW!!!! DO NOT SCROLL DOWN UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE A BJ IN ACTION! It IS AN ANIMATED GIF!

Yeah. You don't want your dog interrupting.

So I crate Pearl before. She knows the word "crate" so it's easy.

Now the funny bit. J and I are getting romantic on a whim while downstairs on the couch. And so we head upstairs. I wonder where Pearl is, so she can be crated. I call her. No answer. I start downstairs but I realize... Pearl is in her crate. She has sensed what is going on and has crated herself.

Good dog!!!

Pearl has never been the most intelligent dog, but she is always sensitive to the needs of the pack, a kind of intelligence that we don't measure.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote