View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #1647
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Merc, best wishes to you and especially your wife and family. I feel a little relieved, to be honest, because it's like we can all breathe again, so I understand what you mean about wishing she had "gone earlier." I spent weeks dreading every single phone call I got, because each time I just knew that it was going to be The Call. Of course I miss her a lot, but I know it's a big relief for my dad, because he doesn't have to be at her side watching her suffer. I imagine it's much the same for your wife.
Thanks Choc, yes we can relate to all those same feelings. Every phone call was like a stab with a knife. Esp if the Caller Id said it was the nsg home. One night they called real late and I didn't wake my wife up since she has not had good sleep since this all started at Christmas. It was just a status report. Not good, but really no change. When my wife say the Caller ID the next day she about had a panic attack. Since I was at work she could not get immediately ahold of me and freaked even more. After I got her to see my logic in not waking her up and that nothing had changed she calmed down but it was like 2 hours of hell for her til we talked. Thank God(s) it is over and we can all breathe again. Thanks for the thoughts again, all.