Thread: How to be happy
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #34
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Dana, I KNOW she wasn't Rxing for depression. She comes off a bit pat, that's all. some people have real problems, right? She is, in my way of thinking, living an envious life already.

eh. If you don't get it, you don't. I was commenting on the general whininess of some who really, if asked if they'd trade with others, wouldn't. Never mind. This is ridiculous to pursue - as most things really are.
Oh I fully understand your point Bri. But my point is: just because someone's life seems 'envious' doesn't mean that person is happy. Anyone's unhappiness is real and central for them, regardless of how much their lives may look like a fairytale dream come true. Even if they are a fairytale dream come true. The sad fact some people find themselves confronting is that the achievement of what you wanted doesn't always bring the happiness you might expect.

I once gave Tiki some advice that she thought was just cookie cutter pat nonsense. Set in that list it would read exactly as that. But I was suggesting something that I had come to myself after years of depression and had found helpful to me.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote