View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #24
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dump

I am way behind on sharing with you guys. Here I surrender the perfectly placed post to the good enough general group grab bag.

I've been adding tools to my woodshop. Tonight I bought a used tablesaw, late 1980s Craftsman model 113.298842. No legs, no blade. weighs nine thousand pounds. It's still in the truck.

Oh, yeah. I bought a truck. 1994 Ford Ranger XLT, 4wd. It's been around (the Earth nine times), and is in remarkably good cosmetic shape for it's vintage.

I got a nice 6" jointer by Delta for cheap, $60. I paid $80 for the tablesaw. Funny thing about the jointer, the blades are in ... wrong. I'll post the pics soon. (maybe).

I made a trip to Ballard and ransomed my drill press and my bandsaw from my nephew's garage. They're here now.

I got a little Craftsman bench grinder for $20. Needs a couple bolts to hold the guards in place, but the tool rests are in good shape, got a wire wheel and an extra grinding wheel, and a fourpack of polishing compound...

I feel I missed out on a two-fer, a lathe and a bandsaw for $200, including the lathe tools and a spindle copier thingy. and it was just around the block. but ... didn't get it.

I'm still trying to get the space Twil's given me into shape for a shop. I have a LOT of work ahead of me. But I long for the day when I can come home and unwind by making some sawdust and some doodads and some crafty crafts and some shavings... it's gonna be great.

Before then, I have a deck to build. Twil's been saving all her overtime and the deck that is there is gonna go. The truck will be put to truck use hauling away the demolished remains, a proper installation of a new cedar deck will follow and it will be crowned with a new hot bacuzzi. Now that, my friends, is incentive.

A couple weeks ago, we had snow. Not a snow storm, just windless heavy wet snow. And it murdered several of the very tall laurels around the property. Closed the driveway and gave me a whole day's work. Fuuuck. That's a lot of work. And some of them came down on the neighbor's house and shed. I've cut away most of those, but have only recently made room in the place where I can make a brushpile. Good thing I have a little truck. Pics later.

And I have to catch you all up on my Mom's status. (ooo drama, not really, she's ok).

And I have a fuckton to catch up on with Trump. What. A. Maroon. The resistance is strong against this one.

Ok, it's late. I'm tired. I'm gonna post this without proofing it or making it pretty or or or or (do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good)

POST!