View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #139
glatt

I didn't mention the part about how two weeks ago I was looking for the answer to this problem at the base of the fridge, which is the warm side of the cooling loop. I had been using an over-sized pipe cleaner style brush for years trying to keep the warm coils under there free of dust bunnies for efficiency's sake. But my long brush could only clean about half of the coils. So when I pushed the thing away from the wall last time, and took the panel off the bottom in back, I saw that there was a tremendous amount of dust bunnies back in there. I vacuumed as much up as I could, but by using a can of compressed air, I was able to blow most of the dust out the front (and all over the kitchen floor).

There's an evaporation pan down at the bottom next to the compressor and warm coils and a cooling fan. All that heat and warm air down there evaporates the water in that pan pretty quickly. Anyway, the hose from the freezer drain leads to that evaporator pan, and that clogged hose led to the puddles of water on the floor.

Then the only other bit is the control panel inside the fridge up near the freezer.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote