View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #18
Snakeadelic
Banned

Thank you, tw, for doing the research and providing information that would've made my brain shut down if I tried to assemble all that!

I still have my doubts about how much longer I'll be able to afford to be online...but we'll see what happens. There are a lot of possibilities for the next year or so that scare the hell outta me as a (deliberately) childless unmarried woman with an invisible disability. My mild OCD and hoarding tendencies are currently kept well in hand, but only by access to pretty much ALL the data from countries that don't disallow Internet contact with the USA. I figure it's better for me to worry about this than about the fate of my health insurance and slightly more than $700 a month to survive on...fewer major panic attacks associated with a luxury like net access than the fear of ending up unable to pay rent or see a doctor.

Hell, I can't even move back in with my parents--they're both in pretty bad shape, the kind of bad shape that having an extra person on their 1-acre farm would make a lot worse. And they have a huge dog with a biting fetish--this dog would not be alive if he had not landed with people willing to work with him, and I'd bet most of his siblings and half-siblings aren't still around! He decided right about the time his 'boy bits' dropped that some dogs bite out of anger, some out of fear, and some out of general stupidity, but he was gonna bite because what the hell ELSE are teeth for? He was 8 months old at the time and had been in my parents' care since he was 5 weeks; my mom especially is not only good with animals but with being super consistent about rules when training her animals. This past summer was the first time he was allowed to be in a room with me without a muzzle during my farm visit, and he's like 3 or 4 years old now. He bit me in the butt in 2015...makes me laugh to think I'd rather go back to that than face 2017 possibly stripping away everything that makes my life livable.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote