View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Well, I haven't had a chance to organize my thoughts coherently for anything more than a one-liner, but I'll give it a try. In short I'm with Sundae.

In another thread I suggested that the way to end the objectification of women was to have as much female nudity as possible, thereby making the female body yawn-worthy. I was only half joking.

I believe there's a similar dynamic at play here in certain senses. Anything even remotely smacking of the sexualization of children is evil, evil beyond all other imaginable evil.

The problem with this situation, of course, is that nudity is not always sexual, and being sexual doesn't always require nudity. (Exhibit: subscription-only web sites featuring 12-18 year old girls modeling swimsuits etc. Skeeve city.)

One thing I can guarantee is that the, as Sundae says, effort to make sure no square inch of underage flesh is shown, has guaranteed that more pedophiles will be aware of these exhibits and will see the pictures than if they were just ignored.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote