View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I see politics in a similar way to music. Everyone has a different upbringing and personality, leading them to generally like certain types of music. Some people have special connections with songs and bands which are completely personal. This leads people to feel music in a completely personal way which other people may share or understand, but never feel in the exact same way.

For example, no one at the Cellar can exactly understand the feeling I get when I listen to my favorite song, just as I cannot exactly understand the feeling you get with yours. Yet, on the other hand, there is some rough standard for good music and bad music. Very few people will disagree that music theorist can produce better music than a small child randomly banging on objects.

Politics is very similar in my opinion. We all see the world in a completely unique way so therefore no one can exactly share our views, assuming you can form your own opinion. Yet, on the other hand, we do have a rough standard of what is good and bad.

Now imagine if society had to share a favorite song or band. That is politics.