View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Bubble gum is for bubbles, chewing gum is for chewing. there's a difference in consistency. My childhood favorite bubble gums were Bazooka and Double Bubble. Bubble Yum and Bubblelicious are easiest, and do come in wacky fruity flavors, or did, anyway. Blow Pops are pretty good for bubbles, too.

Anybody remember Razzles? first they're a candy, then they're a gum? Lousy bubbles, but fun to chew.

The sticks of bubblegum flavored cardboard that used to come in baseball cards are really tough to get a bubble out of.

Yes, I can get a bubble out of chewing gum, but you're right, it's not as easy. Bubble blowing is a basic American skill. We can all do it. Or we did, when I was growing up.

These days I'm pretty much off gum since the conspiracy with the American Dental Association has made everybody switch from good, honest sugar to Nutrasweet, to which I have an allergy. I did score a pack of honest for-real Fruit Stripe gum a month or two ago.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote