View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 10:28 AM   #35
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

Yes, I spent hours reading the World Book Encyclopedia. My parents had a set from the same year I was born (I assume bought for the benefit of my older brother), so by the time I was old enough to be reading it, it was quite dated, but it was still fun. And I learned some godawful useless stuff that I've since forgotten... like how to construct a regular pentagon, or how to extract a square root.
Oh! I remember when I got my first set (in 1981)! I read and read those books...my father actually was worried that I was reading too much! I was a total bookworm as a kid. Can't tell you half the stuff I read in it now (memory's a tad off nowadays), but I DO remember reading the encycopedia for hours!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote