View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #235
Adak
Lecturer

It just seems like people are blaming Obama, because the web site for it, is the shits. Obama didn't create the web site!

The Republicans tried to tell everyone that there was a bad side to Obamacare - higher rates for one thing, and cancelled low cost policies for another - but nobody believed that.

Now under the new changes, I'll have to be insured for:

*mental health - in case I decide to go crazy.
*maternity care - in case I decide to get pregnant.
*breast cancer screenings - some men do get breast cancer, but I don't know any men who get breast cancer screenings.

The dark secret still to be found in Obamacare, won't hit us until 2015. In 2014, the insurance carriers in ACA will be reimbursed, if the "pool" of insured they get are unexpectedly poor in health. (say the older folks enroll, but the younger people don't). After a 3% variance, the gov't will reimburse the insurance company, for their losses.

In 2015, this risk abatement feature will disappear, and the insurance company will have to adjust their rates to account for their "pool" of enrolled people - regardless of their health costs. THAT is when the full cost of Obamacare will be known, as it stands now.

Hopefully by then, a much larger percent of the population will be enrolled, and the pool of each company, will be normalized (young vs. old, healthy vs. unhealthy).

There is also a serious Doctor issue with the ACA, where the doc's have to have hospital affiliation - which of course, many doc's in private practice don't have. If that becomes a problem, then lots of doc's won't be seeing patients with ACA insurance.

I know the Republicans will be highlighting the problems of the ACA, in the 2014 elections, but I wish they would wait, and give the ACA a chance to show whether it's good overall, or not, before campaigning against it. We HAVE the ACA, let's kick the tires on her a bit, and take it for a test drive, before we decide on it's merits.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote