Thread: BTN
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

OK, am I the only person in the world who loves it when all my kids are at home and we get to spend an extended amount of time together? lol

I think I've always felt this way, but now more than ever I cherish the school holidays with my big boys because these days are coming to an end really soon. The fact that their flight feathers are clearly coming in has never been more evident to me. In fact, I have to fight myself to let go of them and have faith in what I've done so far to help them through their lives, and just believe they have enough of the basics to find their wings when they take that final step off the end of the branch. How they choose to fly after they do so is really in their hands, but I'll always be here (at least for another 40 yrs or so I hope) to help them find their way again if they lose sight of what's important.

Anyway, sorry for that little rant. I just love being with my kids. And most of their friends too for that matter. They keep me young at heart with their antics. There's no doubt the teenage years are a challenge, but most days I feel pretty good about how these kids are turning out. They are nice people to be around.