Thread: Drone attacks
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #45
Adak
Lecturer

I'm not up to date on Cheney, but his black and white view on Iran's nuclear facilities, has merit. Saudi's have also been urging us to wipe out the nuclear facilities in Iran (as we learned from the stolen state dept. communications).

We have been jawing, and talking, and yakking and making the average joe in Iran, hate us. We've destroyed their economy with sanctions high and low- but their nuclear program has only increased by several thousand more centrifuges.

Since we've done nothing, Israel has done nothing, and the Saudi's feel threatened by a nuclear (shiite) Iran, so THEY have gone to Pakistan and are now purchasing nuclear weapons, from them.

So it looks like our inaction, has only caused a further spread of nuclear facilities and arms, in the Middle East.

There is a lot of sense in what you say, but despite your slanted view about Cheney, (and I'm not saying he's right on any matter, because I didn't hear the interview), we won't know which course of action was the best one to take, for decades. All we know right now, is:

1) Iran is still enlarging it's nuclear enrichment program, even with stringent sanctions in place, for several years now.

2) Still holding large "Death to America" rallies, as you might expect in Iran.

3) The Saudi's have felt threatened enough by Iran, to move ahead with buying nuclear weapons, from Pakistan.

4) Caused an obvious rift with Israel. Not a lasting rift, but it is significant, nonetheless.

So Obama's handling of the situation, has so far gone 0 for 4 in it's handling of the situation. Hard to call that a success.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote