View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #1605
glatt

It makes me cringe.

That scene where they work their way into the slot canyon by wedging themselves against the walls and then letting go and dropping down into what they hope will be a pool full of water just really bothers me.

It's been a while since I saw it, so maybe I'm not remembering it well. But the memories that stick out in my head are all of this guy doing pretty foolish stuff. Darwin let one get away.

It's weird though, because in an action movie, I don't have any problem with the crazy and dangerous stuff people do. I think it's because this is supposedly based on a true story that the crazy stuff bugs me.

I mean, back to that swimming scene. It would be so easy for them to bash their heads on the cliff inches in front of them or inches in back of them, get knocked unconscious, and then drown when they hit the water. And he didn't even check the water depth before cliff dropping into it. He couldn't even see the water from where he was. He had obviously been there before, but it had been a while. And in the desert, water is there one week and gone the next. It depends on the rain.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote