View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #64
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky_TheMan
I guess I should rephrase my questions as: Could XOBruce (or anyone) give your thoughts on specifically what is a negative effect of any example of good intentions

Sure. It's very common for people to be supportive of a friend by taking their side in a conflict, even when that friend is in the wrong and would benefit from a frank discussion on why they are wrong and how they can improve.

On vacation a week ago, there was a kid who was doing flips from the side of our dock into 8 inches of water with hidden rocks below. He got royally chewed out, because he came close to killing himself or worse. He was being a total idiot. After he was chewed out by the adults, his cousin went up to him and consoled him, expressing his disbelief at how unfair the adults were, and that there was nothing wrong with doing flips into 8 inches of water. The cousin was trying to be his friend, but was giving life threatening advice.

By the way, the kid was doing flips in the shallow water because he couldn't swim.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote