View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #66
BlueSky_TheMan
This moment is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Snip The cousin was trying to be his friend, but was giving life threatening advice.

By the way, the kid was doing flips in the shallow water because he couldn't swim.
Hi Glatt !

Your perception of the cousins advice sounds logical and I would guess acceptable to the majority of people.

To extend the nature of my view on this I would offer the following:

Maybe the cousin was NOT trying to help. Maybe he wanted to see the other child get int further trouble. Maybe that bit of advice MIGHT have led to further damage or maybe the cousins consoling actually DID help. Such as: if the boy getting in trouble had not been consoled maybe he would have shown his defiance by pulling an even more outrageous and dangerous stunt that did lead to severe pain and suffering. We do not know. We can only guess about outcomes or perceive them in different ways. Only the cousin knows if he intended harm or help.