Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #63
Griff
still says videotape

The System

Very sexy bike.

So I tested out the system the last two days. It is about 1.5 hours in the saddle to work. I don't have time to ride 3 hours on any given day so Thursday I drove to work with the Trek on the roof. I rode home from work leaving the car in the lot. It was a sunny warm ride with a nice swath of new pavement on Powderhouse road. Powderhouse is one of the few smooth ascent/ decents around without any really steep sections. You can really mash the pedals along there. That is followed by a substantial climb up West Hill road. Then this morning I rode in in the fog and actually had the driver of a van pull up next to me to say my dayglo green jacket was all that. He went on and on about how well he could see it. Very Cool. Its nice to have a pleasant interaction with the car set. I got to work and accepted accolades far beyond the scope of the accomplishment but what the heck. Anyway it worked like a charm. I got to work in a really good mood and carried it through the day.