View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:02 AM   #24
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I am pretty sure he does. Our relationship lasted over a year, and during that whole time we successfully had sex maybe 6 times, and unsuccessfully attempted maybe another dozen. It was an issue we mostly just refused to address. At one point I gently suggested he might be gay, and he pretty vehemently disagreed, and for what it's worth he has since continued dating women to the best of my knowledge. But the girl he dated right after me was still in high school (16 to his 22? 23?) and I am 99% sure they were just holding hands and chastely kissing.
That's more or less to be expected - sociologically there's a very limited tool set available to him in terms of understanding what he himself is going through.

For what it's worth, I consider it of a lot more merit that you are able to admit to yourself what happened and see it from a negative light and implications that are less then comfortable. IME the only people who can be trusted to avoid hurting those around them and people they care about are the people who can acknowledge when they hurt others in the first place, and that's something you can't take for granted. My 2 cents.
it is offline   Reply With Quote