View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #227
matingara
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_winslow View Post
who said i'm worried about them? Just acknowledging that they were there, and in some excess given how much I ate that day. But really, in general I find that it's not so much what I eat in terms of macronutrients so much as it is how much I take in overall in terms of calories. whether it's a block of lard or a pot of spaghetti, if the total caloric intake is below metabolic needs then weight gain just can't happen, i don't think. on the other hand when you go from eating just a little to a sudden large boost of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, that's when the body can do the "starvation mode" thing and try to save it for later. but if your intake goes back to being low, it'll go away again.

the truckload of salt is just the extra kick in the cahones to make you feel icky about it later when your mouth is dry and your blood pressure skyrockets. but man it tastes good.
we are all different and that is nice. i don't count calories. i just eat until i am full.

i don't restrict salt and my blood pressure is always wonderful.

i am 5' 10". about 165 pounds. 55 years under my belt - (pun intended).

my lipid panel is stunning. my hba1c is in the non-diabetic range despite my having an impaired carbohydrate mechanism.

the only way i can do this is with a little insulin and a restricted carb diet.

that is how it works for me...

-- joel.
matingara is offline   Reply With Quote