View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 04:27 AM   #153
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Edison Light Beer: "Kiss your corporate light beer goodbye. Smoother, easy-drinking Edison brings new energy to light. Learn more at edisonbeer.com Cheers!" [punctuation as original]

The beer comes from the same place my family has lived in for many generations -- Hingham MA. Sundry generations of my people are buried in its churchyard.

Or does it? One source on Googling says it's Hingham; the Edison Independent Light Beer website says company headquarters is in Randolph MA. The brewery that makes the brand is located in Utica NY -- an outfit called Matt Brewing Company, picked for its combination of quality and proximity to Eastern markets.

The beer is indeed smooth, but frankly it's too light -- I go for more body. Its lightness may serve well on a hot and humid summer day, though -- which would be Hingham at its hottest, and points south.

For a thoroughly local feast then, hit the Hingham Lobster Pound for a couple pounds of fried clams a head (go there hungry) and a couple of Edisons for go-with.

I should tell Mom and Dad about this stuff. They're from that neighborhood.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 05-26-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote