View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #140
Snakeadelic
Banned

I've got my eye on a few geezers by way of a quiet little Twitter account. Alice Cooper is touring, but went straight from scheduling California dates to the Midwest. Jeff Beck is touring Europe and at least twice a month I pop him a tweet begging for US dates to follow because I'm still totally in love with his album 'Loud Hailer' from last year. LOUD is right! Robin Trower is touring, but nowhere in my neighborhood. Ditto Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and The Reverend Horton Heat and Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Of that list, Beck is the only one I haven't seen live, and I better take any chance I get because he's 72! I got to meet Trower, dance on stage with Ladysmith, and after a show in a 140-seat high school drama theater, I told the dudes from BBVD that they were one of the best Christmas presents I'd ever gotten. Judging by the look the trumpet player (the one that looks like Harry Dean Anderson from Night Court) gave me, that was a new one.

My next hot entertainment date is with a movie...but I've got my eye on some concert schedules.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote