View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #1616
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Yes, folks, I am very very happy at the moment.

I was called into the bosses bosses office (I haven't a clue how to punctuate that correctly and don't care right now) a short while ago.

They brought me in to tell me that the president has agreed to reclassifying my and my cow orkers job title and classification. The title and the job description much more closely match everything that I (and my good friend cow orker) do.

It also comes with reclassification to the appropriate coordinator level pay grade, where it should have been all along...they even admit.

It also feels good because I started out here as entry level front line person, was promoted twice, and since I have been here we have made great strides in making others realize we do so much more than "data entry." Laughingly enough, that is what the ex controller used to say we did. HA. I feel so great about it all.

I'm so happy I can't concentrate on anything else today! I'm glad I have been getting so much work done or I might feel guilty.

What a difference a week makes; last week I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be here.

I want to shout from the rooftops (but for one thing it's not my place or style to brag or to let on that our pay increased...especially in this flat and dismal budget year) but I'm just bursting inside.

Is there a smilie big enough? :p

Thanks for a venue to share my good news!