View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #256
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
In fact, there's a spend-your-budget motive.
As I've said, we don't know what the final form will be, but the primary issue this is supposed to address is the practice of kicking people out when they get sick.
I don't know. I hope not. But if they have to make those choices, I want it to be based entirely on triage, and not how much the corporation gets to keep.Quite likely. Our current system is the least efficient, so there's plenty of room for improvement. Of course, the spend-your-budget motive will work against efficiency, but the tendency towards underfunding will work against that.
I want to save patients' money, at the worst time in their lives. An overall improvement across the entire tax base, due to decreasing the reliance on ERs, would be a welcome side effect, but not the primary issue from my perspective.
Some individuals may be saved money, because it will be paid for on the backs of many many others. There is no other way. Where do you think the hospitals are going to save the gobberment 150 billion dollars? What? you think they are just going to cut that from their income and profit? No, they will pass it on to others. NPR has done a great 2 day expose on the number of lobbyists in DC all getting their bit of pie from this bill. Be careful what you wish for. It is never as it seems.