Thread: You Dirty Sluts
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Ibby
erika

You Dirty Sluts

I posted this to my Facebook and tumblr today. I'm reposting it here instead of current events or politics, because I think this isn't just political or newsy. This is a huge women's issue that transcends mere political debate.
Quote:
WOMEN. LADIES. GIRL-FOLK. Do you use birth control? Are you a slut? If your answers were "yes" and "no", or even if you ever have used or plan to ever use birth control, and think that using that fact alone to brand you as a slut or a prostitute is not just appalling, but offensive to women everywhere... If you have a mother, or sister, or daughter, or girlfriend, or wife, who has taken birth control... PLEASE find a way to make your voice heard. Sign the petition to have Rush Limbaugh taken off Armed Forces Radio. Join the boycott and pressure against his corporate sponsors. And most important of all, let the extremists in the Republican party know that standing by such unabashedly sexist, discriminatory, offensive language or policies is unforgivable by anyone who knows a woman.