View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 11:19 PM   #85
bmgb
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore
I want facts not based on books written by vegans. Already I have found a few statistics on the USDA sites that were different then the ones on the vegan websites. Are they worth posting here? prob. not, but if 3 or 4 of the stated facts are wrong then others might be as well.
Like Jinx said, look at the references on the pages linked: Worldwatch (left wing org, but I believe them), New York Times, The USDA, and the list goes on. Still some books by vegans, but many other clearly non-biased sources.

No you won't find this info spelled out anywhere else, because people don't want to know it.

There is no profit motive for the vegans, but there is a huge one for the meat industry. The vegans have other motives, some of which may be misguided, but are mostly rational (IMO, but I am one one of them... well almost). Also, you have many common folk who simply make their living (not profit) off of animals, which makes it a very difficult issue. If there was a mass exodus from eating meat it would probably be most devastating for the grain farmers. But that won't happen, so I shouldn't worry.