View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #89
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I think Shawnee brought up a great point with the motivation. I have never experienced it but I am guessing trying to get out of poverty for an average person is similar to running towards something that seems to keep moving farther away. You do get closer in reality but for all the work you put into it, you do not move as fast as you would expect too, taking a major shot at your motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGZotU
I think that many get caught up in this materialistic world. When they are young and poor they spend right up to the limits of their paycheck, and 'somehow' the situation just continues until they die.
This happens in every class until you get basically a bottomless account. I have seen high school kids spend all their money on nice cars and then complain about how much student loans are going to suck and how the interest rates are unfair when they go to college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Happiness comes from friendships and family; one is better able to enjoy that when not feeling pressed by the weight of the world.
I think that is one of the main reasons for happiness but doesn't explain everything. I personally believe that happiness comes from acceptance. You can have all the true friends in the world but that means nothing if you cannot accept yourself.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote