View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #64
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

ok. all better. I had to use my boot CD (thanks again, mitch) to get rid of the windows OS i had installed on the big drive, re name the drives, so that the SSD is now C, and the big storage drive is D. format and reinstall W7 on the new C drive.... and start over loading drivers, etc.

the guy at the store told me never to defrag the SSD. ok. I don't think I've defragged a drive since windows NT, but that might be just because I'm a lazy prick.

It's kind of cool starting from scratch again. I can organize my shit properly, and I have enough room to house all of my music and photos. I found 2 big boxes of pictures in the attic of my house when I cleaned it out. I'm going to have to scan them. I have this Fujits 6140? scanner at work that would work great.

I thought.. Oh, ok, well I'll just buy one of those for home. uh... $1400.00???? wow. it must be a better scanner than I thought.

maybe I'll sneak it home over the weekend some time..... shhhh.