View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #43
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I can knit, but I'm not what you'd call an avid knitter. I have a bagfull of those fuzzy eyelash yarn scarves in a variety of colors, and there's an afghan I've been knitting since the mid-1980s. I yank it out of the closet every couple of years, do a handful of rows, remember why I don't like knitting and back into the bag it goes.

I'm much more of a crocheter ... which is part of how I'm spending my summer vacation ... One of my coworker's became a daddy just before I went on vacation, and since he hadn't returned from maternity leave before I left, I didn't even get a good start on the baby afghan that's my customary gift. Right now, though, I'm hoping that the words "weekend baby afghan" on the pattern are true rather than a come-on to make me buy the booklet. I have 8 days to finish it, so that should give me enough leeway.

This project has, however, caused me to stall on the already delayed Sycamore Wedding Afghan.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote