View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #59
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Nothing at this point. There is a job fair this coming Monday that I'm planning on attending, but of course none of the companies that are attending are the sort that do the kind of thing that I did ... however, there is always the chance that one of these regular corporate types of places is looking to hire for their Employee Assistance Program.

Mainly I'm going for the practice in the meet and greet 5 minute make an impression interview(ette). I have purchased some special (i.e., cheaper) resume paper, because the job fair people say to take 30 copies of your resume.

Now, here's the big question ... since this is basically a fishing expedition ... do I print my two page resume single sided like you're supposed to, or double sided so it doesn't get separated and lost?
Hi Wolf! Thanks for your advice on my other two threads. I am much younger than you but I do know that IF you do have a 2 page resume, print in on two pieces of paper. Secondly, try not to skimp on the stock quality of your paper. Hard to explain. A heavier stock feels more 'valuable.' and carries more weight. It's psychological. If a recruiter has two resumes in his hand - one printed on regular 8x10 stock paper, and one printed on heavier fancier paper - he will gravitate towards the better stock quality...
Hope this helps,
Your friend,
Pam.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote