View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
sugarpop
Professor

If private insurance cos could be forced to do the right thing and stop charging so much, then I am all for it. It seems all they care about though is profits and big salaries, just like the people on Wall Street. I watched something on (it was either) Dateline or 60 minutes the other night about AIG, and how they are forcing veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan to fight for their benefits. it was sickening. And that is business as usual with insurance cos. It has to stop.

If hospitals were required to put cameras in operating rooms, it might cut down on frivolous lawsuits against doctors, because there would be proof of any wrongdoing. That would make doctor's insurance premiums go down significantly, I think. It would also weed out the bad doctors who give all doctors a bad name. What do you think of that idea?

Then there are the general costs. Why does an aspirin cost so damn much in a hospital? It's ridiculous, the fees they charge for certain things. Health care should not be about profit. That is when it all started going to shit. Of course it is a business, and every business has to make some profit, but not the way is it now.

I won't even get started about big pharma cos.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote