View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #7
Snakeadelic
Banned

AAAAAAAHHHHHH please no Trumping! Ack!!!

Ahem.

Post what you like, but be aware that if I ever write ANY fiction about those people their ends will be messy and painful "on paper" as we used to say.

It is, indeed, highly fashionable at this point to describe oneself as a fanfic writer. Hey, they're legit now that one of them turned every arrestable sexual predation they could think of into a bestselling book and movie. I've read excerpts from the infamous 50 Shades, which started as Twilight fanfic, and the writing itself is as awful as the views of what I learned about as BDSM that are expressed. IN MY HUMBLE GODDAMN OPINION.

I love some of the "traditional art" fan stuff. There's a painting set with Thor and Loki and lots of lightning, I've seen 2 different pieces clearly from the same artist, that are just gorgeous. Another favorite appears to be high-end markers or very precise watercolor and shows just the hands to their elbows as Thor tries to hold Loki from falling off the Bifrost. Beautiful work, that one. And there are some gorgeous fan arts of my other favorite, which is of course Winter Soldier stuff.

For short-form written, I love the headcanons, especially Bland Marvel Headcanons (which extend past MCU to include X-Men stuff). Things like "Nick Fury has a plan for dealing with the zombie apocalypse. Also when the Girl Scouts take over the country. Not IF. WHEN." There's a longer one out there about Cap and Bucky and Girl Scout cookies hidden in the air vents of Avengers Tower that always makes me laugh.

As with any other kind of art and/or fandom, there's an ocean of swill out there that somehow manages to produce islands of spectacular beauty. I participate at any level because I have the patience to paddle through the ocean finding the islands.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote