View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #420
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We wandered off to Waitrose, keeping an eye out for somewhere to eat along the way. walked past a little place called Cafe Bobo which had a good choice of fish on the Specials Board outside. Grilled sardines caught my eye especially.

So we went upstairs (always a gamble because it could be grim) and found a pleasant place, 3/4 full, all windows open and good and airy. We sat by the window and checked out the menu. I debated over all the fish and also quite fancied the potato skins. But when the waiter arrived - who I also quite fancied - I found myself ordering the breakfast! It was just the perfect breakfast for me, once I'd asked for no tomato.

Mum had the potato skins, so neither of us had fish in the end anyway!

Little niggles. The menu was lacking in detail. If I order a salad I want to know what is in it. Ham Salad is not a full description. Same with the breakfast - when it arrived I was disappointed to find one of everything. Certainly for the price. In the end it was as much as I could manage (they gave me double beans to make up for the tomato). Mum's loaded potato skins were pretty much a jacket potato cut in half. And she had to play Search the Bacon - although the slab of mozarella on top was certainly generous.

And the woman in the kitchen! OMG what a moaner! We could hear every word. An order came in for take-away and she told the (polite, efficient, handsome, young) waiter, "Well you'll have to do it yourself, I've got too many orders already!"

We waited 25 minutes for our meals. Not appalling, but I honestly think she started each separate order from scratch, rather than being able to handle multiple orders. And the couple next to us received the wrong omlette. She came out to make excuses. No, really. She showed them what was written on the order slip. Like they gave a damn. The old chap genially agreed to eat it anyway and she condescended enough to say she wouldn't charge him for the extra ingredient he hadn't wanted.

Anyway, here is my breakfast.
Don't start with the bacon mockery.
Attached Images