View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Ibby
erika

Rick Santorum: "mainline Protestants aren't real Christians"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/18/1066109/-Wow-Santorum-Wow-?detail=hide"
Santorum actually said that mainline Protestants are no longer Christians:

Quote:
We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic but the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant Judeo-Christian ethic, sure the Catholics had some influence, but this was a Protestant country and the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestantism, and of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it.
Wow.
Stunning.

Basically, all Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans, Baptists, Congregationalists, Presbyterians, Dutch Reformists and Quakers are "gone from the world of Christianity." Santorum just excommunicated about 45 million Americans.

I really, really, really want this guy to be the nominee. We're talking greater than 1964 type numbers.
I'm sure that's gonna play real well. The dailykos article doesn't note that this is actually from a 2008 event, but if this gets some airtime...