Thread: Please kill me
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

But what is living? If I go back to a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle...one can't afford to pay for 'needs', like a reliable car, to get to the place that pays you so you can pay for 'needs.'

A car is just an example. Sure, a lot of people get by with a beater: and work on cars or have friends who work on cars or SOs who work on cars.

Furnace needs fixed: how would I pay for that on 10 bucks an hour? I don't have a furnace friend. Bathroom floor needs replaced. I don't have a (reliable) carpenter friend. Kitchen sink needs work. I don't have a plumber friend.

And frankly I don't like asking people for help anyway, playing the 'poor silly girl' routine.

Sarge: I know. I hear you loud and clear. I'm told how 'lucky' I am. I know that. But I'm miserable. Not because I don't like the work but because I can't do anything well because I'm expected to do way too much. That makes me apprehensive, that gives me anxiety. I don't like doing half-assed jobs and that's all I can do here, just trying to keep my head above water.

I guess I can still hold on, hoping some change will come from the whole consultant thing, though I've not heard ANYTHING about it yet.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote