Thread: Be Way Too PC
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Be Way Too PC

Here is where you fuss and gripe and complain about the inequalities foisted upon you everyday, just because of who you are, or what you look like, or the choices you make.

I'm really sick of how women with dark hair are being represented in movies and on TV. It's nothing new, really. Lucy Van Pelt (in sharp contrast to Lucy Ball, the darling but dumb redhead) was one of the original black widows. Women of Hair Color are shown as nothing more than intelligent, sexy, and cutthroat. They never get to work in a chocolate factory. It sickens me how so many fall prey to this stereotype, and embrace it as though it is a fundamental truth.

I think that driver's licenses should no longer require one to announce eye color or hair color. My eye color could change, given the opportunity to explore the world of tinted contacts. Why should I be indentified by something that is only a small part of who I am? I am a whole person, a complex being, a multi-layered entity.

The next time someone tells me "I love your hair!" I'm going to politely tell them that their perception of me is incomplete and ignorant. I've had enough.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote