View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #11025
Clay
Writer of Writings

Bought the Walmart MoneyCard, a prepaid Visa debit card. Had some stuff to pay online and figured this was an easy way. They have online activation, go put in the info. It says it "couldn't verify my identity." After looking it up I found that there are multiple causes, but it sure isn't because I don't know my name and social.

So now the card is activated but I can only swipe at POS, no online, no cash withdrawal, and the card can never be reloaded. Call the support line, told there's nothing they can do and the card is completely done once emptied. They have no process whatsoever to deal with what appears to be a common problem, judging by the one-star reviews online. I know Walmart is not exactly top tier but this is just ridiculous.

Learn from my mistake... avoid the Walmart MoneyCard and find a proper prepaid debit card. Look it up real quick and make sure the results aren't full of one-star reviews. Fortunately I can deal with it and get done what I need to, but it is a true pain in the ass. My options are to suck it up and spend the money away at POS swipe, or wait some weeks for them to send me a refund check.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote